Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Paragliding in Rio - Brazil






The Place: Took a tandem paraglide onto the beach ´Praia de Pepino´ in São Conrado - Rio de Janeiro.
Some features: It offers a typical Rio view of tall buildings lining the beach, looming green and black hills in the background, with a view one of the biggest favellas ´Rocinho´ aswell. It´s an great when you feel like you´re sitting on fresh air high above the city. The glider who took me, Eduardo, tried to get as close to the tall buildings as possible on the decent which was an amazing experience.
Strange occurence: Having heard I was in Rio with my capoeira group (a few of us did the glide), as soon as we landed my guide started playing capoeira with me there and then on the grass!

1 comment:

Anderson Family said...

Very cool paragliding video!!